Transforming our parking lot into a worship space on a Sunday morning takes time and energy. We can always use volunteers to help with set up, checking people in, serving coffee, greeting guests, clean up, etc. etc. Please let us know if you can help at our next in-person service!
Outdoor Worship Services
Our next outdoor worship service date is on April 18. We are excited to meet together in person! As you prepare to attend our outdoor worship service, here are some things to keep in mind.
- Please park in medical office parking and walk over (we will reserve a few stalls for those in need of closer access) as chairs will be set up in our parking lot.
- We recognize that we may have different approaches to COVID safety. In light of our current response, which has in mind the interests of our neighborhood and city as a whole, please understand that you’ll be asked to remain masked for the duration of the worship service (except children under 2 or for medical necessity).
- Plan to arrive a few minutes early, to allow yourself time to check in before finding your seat.
The Outdoor Experience
Worshipping outdoors can be delightful, especially at this time of year. Here are a few more things to consider to enhance your worship experience with us:
- Please bring items (hat, water, sunscreen, a light jacket) that will help you stay comfortable throughout the service. Most of the chairs will have sun exposure, with few shady spots. We’ll have chairs set up for you, but if you prefer to use your own chair, feel free to bring it.
- At this time, we do not have systems in place to offer children’s classes during our Sunday morning worship service. But don’t worry! We love having children worship right alongside adults, and we are okay with their wiggles. Our Children’s Pastor will have some activities available for kids to do at their seats.
- If the weather turns, we’ll make an announcement on Saturday afternoon, and postpone to the following Sunday. Check our Facebook & Instagram feeds for last minute announcements. In the case of a reschedule, you may tune into Church Online.
Moving Forward Together
As we continue to gradually offer more in-person events on our church campus, you’ll likely experience some grief and frustration along with anticipation and excitement. That’s understandable. Be honest with God about these, and ask God to meet you where you are.
Keep in mind, re-launching in-person events is a process for our church leadership as well. For some church members, meeting once a month isn’t enough; for others, this is too much. We see you on both sides, as well as those somewhere in the middle. We’ll continue to offer ways to connect and worship in various ways. All of our in-person services will continue to be live-streamed for those who wish to worship from home.
This is the first pandemic we’ve experienced as a church and are fully embracing our call to be for each other in the midst of our differences. We’re a Jesus people seeking to live in community and practicing the way of reconciliation.
We pray you’ll join us either on campus or online.